As in Honest Abe. The no nap sagas continue. Sometimes I get a nap and Miles doesn't. The other day I was sure he went to sleep because I never heard him. But after his "nap" he looked exhausted so we had a conversation:
A: "Miles, did you take a nap?"
M: "No."
A: "What? Miles? Miles. Miles. Miles, look at mom. Miles. Did you go to sleep?"
M: "No."
M: "No."
A: "What? Miles? Miles. Miles. Miles, look at mom. Miles. Did you go to sleep?"
M: "No."
I was totally baffled. I didn't know whether or not he understood what I was asking and how he was responding, but he did look wiped. Pre nap I had promised him that he could watch something of his choice if he took a nap. So, I was talking to Dave saying, "I told Miles that he could watch Woody and Buzz if he took a nap, but he said he didn't go to sleep. What do you think?" And Miles, being the super big eaves dropper he is, piped up and starting saying, "Nawp (Nope)! No Wooey eh Buzz, no Elmo, no ockey (hockey), no beeball (baseball)..." and on and on the list of all the things he was banning himself from. So, he dug his own grave.
And that's why we should have named him Honest Abe.
And that's why we should have named him Honest Abe.
In other news, Miles loves to play in the car. Like, loves it. He requests it any time we are getting in the car to go somewhere and would stay there all day if I'd let him.
Here is a video of the fun:
Play Car from DAM FAM on Vimeo.
Also, I had a birthday last Saturday. I'm a half of a half of a century. I don't feel old at all.
Me and Miles at the Original Pancake House, my birthday breakfast of choice and easily my favorite breakfast place to eat. Wait...yep, I think it is my favorite.Some of the best memories of my 25th:
-Miles singing "happy birthday" out of the blue
-My date with Dave
-The food on my date with Dave
-Dave's patience whilst I did a little shopping at the no-tax-on-clothes zoo that was Mall of America the day before Halloween
-The breakfast
-Barnes & Noble
-My date with Dave
-The food on my date with Dave
-Dave's patience whilst I did a little shopping at the no-tax-on-clothes zoo that was Mall of America the day before Halloween
-The breakfast
-Barnes & Noble
Thanks for a great birthday, Dave!


6 comments:
Hi Dave! (and Ashley): It is hilarious to hear these stories- playing in the car is one of Mason's fave things to do, too. (And they're practically the same age, he was born July 7th). Mason's terrible at nap taking- it is "quiet time" these days- dark room, no toys, door shut for a 1/2 hour. We are lucky if he takes a nap 2 times a week. And Happy Bday! Scott's bday is the same day as Ashley's it seems!
Well... I suppose you can be happy your child is honest :) those can be hard to come by these days :)
Glad things are going well! Miles looks cute and so do you! :) I think you are only a quarter of a century old though... :)
HA! Good one.
Happy birthday! Miles is so cute.
Oh I'm really sorry about the no nap thing. Like I was telling you today though, at least he's having some 'quiet time' and you're getting a break too. At least he's so dang cute. It was fun to get together today! Let's do it MORE!
Post a Comment