Sunday, August 4, 2013

Bayou Bend

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but Houston is a bit of a stifling city.  I really don't get it; it just is.  So it's always extremely refreshing when I feel like I can get out of the city.  Thank heaven for friends who know this city better than I do and give me opportunities to find something new.  We took a preschool field trip to Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens.  Some lady with the poor, unfortunate name of Ima (pronounced like "I'm uh") Hogg left her estate and art collections, etc to the Museum of Fine Arts.  I didn't get to go in the house but the grounds were so nice and I really felt like I got out of Houston, even though I didn't!
You have to go across this cool suspension bridge to get there.







This tree is so cool and HUGE.




















It was hot.

If you can't tell.
























These stumps are petrified!  Cool.  

No comments: