Monday, March 10, 2008

Meet Hamlet

I'm not talking Shakespeare here... my Hamlet is far more entertaining than Shakespeare's. I work with Hamlet. She's a very bright and cheery person and always gives me something to laugh about. You see, Hamlet is one who will ask me, while at work, if I have a "spare yogurt?" Or better yet, some "spare black dress socks I could borrow?" And the best part is, she's totally unaware that these are very odd questions. She's dead serious and totally oblivious to.... everything? Sometimes I wonder what is in her head. Such a doll.

Anyhow, I'm sorry you've missed out on all the Hamlet goods thus far, but here's a good one:

Dave and I bought some boxes of the Target brand Slim-Fast shakes a while back, didn't stick to the plan and were left with some boxes of expired weight loss shakes. I jokingly offered up these expired shakes at work and ended up giving two boxes to Hamlet and one to a male co worker. Brave souls, given Dave tried one expired shake and it totally messed up his stomach. Anyway, I asked Hamlet a few days later how she was liking the shakes and she said something like, "they are pretty good for a meal replacement, I guess. I drank a whole box on Saturday morning, though. They are so good cold." She continued to tell me that she went snowboarding that Saturday afternoon and missed work the following Monday because she thought she had some bad chicken fingers at the ski lodge that had given her a bad case of the runs. Hmm... was it bad chicken? Or six meal replacement shakes in one morning? Or a combo? It just gets more fun all the time! What a goof. I about fell off my chair and had the hardest time not laughing my head off.

Then, today the male co worker of ours was eating some chips and salsa at his desk-- nothing overwhelming-- just a medium sized serving and Hamlet, apparently shocked at the amount of food said, "Oh my gosh, are you going to eat all those chips and salsa?" Awesome. Hamlet, you are so priceless.

2 comments:

monica said...

It's so fun to work with "Hamlets" isn't it? We all need at least one in our lives to talk about behind their backs. It was fun seeing you at the wedding even though the natzi temple workers impeded our festivities. You're ultrasound picture does not look human. I think you're having a tool that I saw at home depot the other day. That was mean, sorry. I know it's a darling little boy who will have perfect teeth like the rest of the pulsipher's. I have to tell Dave, that I actually thought about taking a picture of a few samples of our dog's poo today to send him while I shoved an entire winter's worth of dog poo in the corner of the yard. It's amazing what happens when poo sinks in the snow, freezes, then melts with the snow. It's not really amazing, it's just gross, but that picture on Dave's phone haunts me and I wonder if I should haunt him back.
just kidding. come visit us again.

xaque said...

Good story Hanzel...so hot right now.