Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Be Prepared

Well, it was Dave's 25th birthday on September 25th. We had quite the party! He got super surprised with tickets to a Dallas Stars hockey game. Lucky for us, they were playing our team, the Colorado Avalanche. If you don't know Dave and I too well, you don't understand that we love hockey and the Avs and it was his best birthday ever. We were so excited to go to the game! Dave called in sick to work and we went to downtown Dallas to eat one of Dave's favorite foods: a gigantic hamburger. The joint we went to is called the Twisted Root and it was really yummy. They make everything from scratch there-- mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, ice cream & root beer! Now that was a deliciously overpriced root beer float! Anyhow, here are a couple pictures from the ristorante:
It was a great day-- the Avs won, Miles had a nice blowout at a visitors center and got to show all the nice old ladys all this goods, and we ate good food. What more could a birthday boy ask for? Here is Miles at said visitors center showing some goods, but not all. Sorry.


Now, as I was saying: Be Prepared. Turns out I love hockey. Love hockey as in, I watch all the games, I have a boyfriend on the team... I love hockey. So, I was just as excited as Dave to go to the game. Well, I must have forgotten for a brief moment that I am now a mother. I spent about half the game walking around with Miles and the WHOLE game fretting that he was going to go deaf because of the noise! I gave my arms a good work out by trying to cover his ears any time there was something super loud. Come to find out, it was all in vain. I talked to some drunk pediatric nurse one of the times I was walking around and she told me that Miles would be fine, would not lose his hearing and to go enjoy the game. Go figure.

So, to all those not-yet-mothers out there, again, be prepared. You have NO idea how drastically your life is going to change. Good luck to you all.

Here are some more pictures and a video. Enjoy!


1 comment:

CdA News Editor said...

What a fun Birthday! Hope it was as great as it sounded!