Monday, December 8, 2008

What a Babe

I LOVE my child. Thus far in his life, I have been rocking him to sleep. I used to worry that this would spoil him and he'd never go to sleep without being rocked and blah blah blah. I've always justified rocking him by saying things like, "He'll never be this little again" and "I'll never have just one baby again or this much time." Besides, I really don't mind rocking him and spending that time with him... except at night when I'm tired.

Lucky for me, this isn't much of a problem because he usually falls asleep while nursing and I just put him in his bed asleep and walk out. Tonight, however, he thought it would be fun to load his diaper right after he finished nursing. Hence, the required diaper change woke him up. And, as there always is the risk of getting pooped on when changing diapers, I got lucky tonight. Just as I was wiping his butt he shot out a juicy fart on my hand. Seriously, it wasn't much poop, but it shot out of his little butt like a sling shot. Anyway, I sat back down with him and commenced with our rocking, but he was kind of fussing and kicking, etc. So, here comes the great part:

I put him in his bed, wrapped him in his blankets, and walked away. And here comes the greater part:

He went to sleep within 5 minutes without a peep.

I LOVE my child.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Ashley...I'm laughing so hard right now! Your description is so hilarious! It's even more funny, because I know that's happened to me too! Ewwe! I need some hand sanitizer just thinking about it... :)

Emily said...

Poo can fly out? That's disgusting. I'd rather use my dad's toothbrush than have poop on my hand.
Love,
Emily

CdA News Editor said...

How do you know it was 5 minutes if he didn't make a peep? Just curious.

Megan said...

Ashley! HI! Your baby boy is so stinkin' cute! How old is he? I was married last time I saw you guys. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary in August so we had a good year together before I got pregnant. Where are you guys? Whats new? I'm glad you found me...another blog to read! Woop woop! Tell Dave I said hey.

monica said...

awesome. I'm jealous. it still takes me an hour to put this little rug rat down.