It was just one of those days, you know? Dave and I were having major schedule communication issues in the morning; I dropped not one, but two eggs-- on one my walmart spark tile floor and the other on my rug; and I was PMSing hard. So, needless to say, it was a rough start to the day. Thank heaven we decided to go out anyway.
There is a zoo and conservatory real close to our place. I would definitely call myself a conservative, but it's been pretty awesome being poor in a liberal place. Free, free, free. It's great because we can go for 30 minutes before nap time and be just as rich as we were when we left. No obligation to get the bang out of your buck.
The conservatory was surprisingly cool. We'd only done the zoo, but I'm glad we went, despite the obnoxious morning.
The conservatory was surprisingly cool. We'd only done the zoo, but I'm glad we went, despite the obnoxious morning.
Some stingrays. They had lots of other things-- turtles, fish... a tarantula. It was pretty cool.And of course, lots of pretty foliage and flowers:

The koi pond. Miles really wanted to splash in there, but I wouldn't let him, so he stood there like that instead.I love this video of Miles in the not that impressive Japanese gardens (Manito Park in Spokane, WA is way better) by the conservatory. It's SO Miles.




1 comment:
That's one thing I miss about LA...all the fun free things to do! Oh well, keep taking advantage!!!
Post a Comment