Saturday, October 2, 2010

Some Late Night Goods

It's late, and Dave and I are a little delirious and tired. He was talking about something and said, "it's gnarly, with a capital G" and that reminded me of something funny.

Back in the days of Rexburg, Dave worked (I did too, for a little bit) at a place called Melaleuca: The Wellness Company. It's a phone/call center job and employs a significant number of students in Rexburg. Poor Dave, he worked in a special division called "enrollments," so he didn't get to say, "Thank you for calling Melaleuca: The Wellness Company, this is Ashley, how may I help you?" He just got to say, "Enrollments, this is Dave, how may I help you?" On the up side, he made $7.37, instead of my $6.20.

Anyway, you have to do lots of address/spelling verifying over the phone and Mr. Melaleuca makes it very clear to his employees that they need to say, "T as in Tom" etc. And since Melaleuca was a bit of a suck-your-will-to-live kind of job, the best alphabet list ever was born and used on the phone with customers. We can't remember them all, so feel free to fill in the blanks.

A as in Aisle

B as in Bee, or Babushka, depending on the mood

C as in Cue

D as in Doe (not the best)

E as in Eye

F as in

G as in Gnarly

H as in Heir

I as in

J as in Jalapeno

K as in Knee

L as in

M as in Mnemonic

N as in

O as in Oh

P as in Pneumonia

Q as in Queue

R as in

S as in See

T as in Tea

U as in

V as in

W as in Write

X as in Xylophone

Y as in You

Z as in

2 comments:

Tasha said...

That is seriously awesome.

Lindsey said...

Oh geees your blog is so funny. I can't believe you worked for them. My brother did too....that soap smelled so good.