Sunday, May 13, 2012

One of them I don't want to forget

Happy Mother's Day!   We sure do love our moms and all they've done for us over the years.  Thanks, moms. You are the best.

I'm glad to be a mom (understatement).  I don't know what I'd do without my little buddy.  I'd answer a heck of a lot fewer questions.  I'd never have to deal with screaming time outs.  I'd listen to the Les Mis soundtrack a whole lot less.  I'd rarely make a mustard, cheese and pickle sandwich, and I'd be missing a whole humongous, ginormous amount of joy.

I'm always amazed at how much Miles loves me.  Even if I've spent the majority of a day barking at him and disciplining him, he still loves me more than anything in the world.  

Recently, when we put Miles to bed and give him a kiss he proceeds to kiss me (just me because I don't have poky whiskers-- thank heaven.  That would be awkward...) a hundred billion times all over my face, my shoulder, etc.  It's pretty cute and I love it, but one night when we were putting him to bed I was not a happy camper for some reason or another and I hadn't had a shower yet.  Judge away.  Anyway, Dave told him to kiss me all over and I said, "No, don't, I'm dirty" to which Miles responded, "But you look so pretty!"

Only Miles would tell me I look pretty when I don't.  My life without my motherhood just wouldn't be complete.  Thanks, Miles, for making me a mom and being the bestest, sweetest, fun little boy in the world.  Happy Mother's Day to me.




1 comment:

Dave and Ash said...

You are the best! Especially when you're a dirty, stinky, end of the day mother. We love you Ash!

D_M FAM