Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Some Minnesota Stuff Before She Leaves Forever: Part 4

Our last weekend in MN, we went on a real live date.  Those dates are way too few and far between.  But we decided to squeeze it in no matter how much packing and stuff we had to do.  So glad we did.  We didn't really know what to do and I honestly can't remember if we ate.  We must have.  But I can't remember.

Oh no, I remember.  Punch.  Pizza.

Anyway, we went to the St. Paul Cathedral.  We'd been once before, but we had Miles and there was a wedding going on that moment, so we didn't stay too long or check out too much.  This time, they were getting ready for a wedding, but it hadn't started so we got to walk around and check everything out.

This might seem like a bizarre thing to do on a date (?) but it was actually really nice.  It was nice to get out of the hectic atmosphere of packing, packing, packing and finishing school and work to a real quiet, calm place.  And I took some pictures which I so enjoy.



I thought it was cool how the studs were worn like that.
















It's a really pretty and grand cathedral.  

We also went to Mass in the basement.  I'd never been to Mass.  It was interesting.  Somebody ripped a "poop sound," as Miles would call it, that was quite loud and rumble-y and I think Dave and I had to exert all the maturity in our bodies not to laugh.  We're just immature like that, what can I say?  It was a good date.  I like my husband.

No comments: