Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Getting Out of the City

I've always said I'm a big city person, and I stand by that statement, but living in Houston has made me really enjoy getting out of the city.  We are just so close to/in all the hubbub and parking garages and traffic... my goodness, the traffic.  We were really close to all the hubbub in the Twin Cities too, but for whatever reason, Houston just gets a little more... suffocating.  Who knows?  It's a mystery.  Or maybe it's just Houston, which I can now safely say is one of the weirdest cities I've ever been in.  

Though it was long ago, we really needed to get out of the city one Saturday so we headed down to the dirty beaches of Galveston.  While Houston is one of the weirdest cities I've ever been in, Galveston is probably THE weirdest city I've ever been in.  It was Spring Break when we went so that made Galveston even more special.  I wasn't sure if I should just start rapping right there on the street or if I was about to get mugged.

Mmmmm, Galveston.
Miles couldn't care less if it was a dirty beach or clean beach.  He was so happy to be there and went straight to work.

And even though it was Galveston, it was still fun and it served it's purpose.


Sheer joy.

Such a dad:













Since it was March, it wasn't totally toasty weather yet and Miles got quite chilled.  His cheeks got a little blue, and he'll be very happy to see this picture and his blue cheeks.  For you, buddy.






No comments: