It's weird: when I look at older pictures like this, I feel the nostalgia my brain labels as summer. Only they are pictures from January, February, March and April. Backwards.
Park days are over. A lot of days are almost over. Miles starts school in 80 days. 80 DAYS! We went to the Children's Museum yesterday for the last time before school gets out and it becomes wildly crowded. I told Miles it might be the last time we go until all the kids go back to school. And then I realized he's one of those kids that will go to school! I can't believe how my cushy, simple little life where I can go wherever, whenever is totally, completely slipping through my fingers. I want to barf.
Take a moment, say goodbye to park days and "summer:"






Miles ran I don't know how many laps around this park...
And here he is, right before he slipped in that mud and biffed it. He landed right in the mud and got it all over the bum of his shorts. And then I got him naked from the waist down at our car so he could sit on a towel and looked over to find a little girl having a staring contest. Whoops, I guess he's too old for nudity these days! So, say goodbye to that too.
Goodbye.







No comments:
Post a Comment