Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Birthday

28.  My birthday was on a Wednesday, just like Dave's (we are always on the same day of the week).  I wanted Indian food, but Miles wasn't on his best restaurant behavior and I didn't want to deal with it so we literally told our server "Never mind" and left (we hadn't ordered or anything).  I decided I was hungry for a burger and that would be quicker so Miles could get to bed on time.  Not my most special/glamorous birthday meal, but whatever.  I still turned 28 anyway.

After the burgers we went to the new fancy grocery store that was right by where we were to pick up some birthday treats from the bakery.  Let me just say, my slice of key lime cheesecake was literally inedible.  It was so foul.
Happy Birthday to me.

We were out of candles so I blew out a match.  

The next day I talked to my Mom and told her all about the food failures, etc.  She asked if the burger place had shakes and I told her not only do they have shakes, they make them with half and half.  She said that sounded delicious and I should of just done that for my birthday treat to which I responded, "Seriously!  Stick a match in that."  And so a new DAM saying was born.  

Stick a match in that.

No comments: