Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas

We upgraded our Christmas tree this year!  Miles really wanted a bigger tree so we went for it.  It was fun.

When we decorated the tree and Miles got to this ornament he said, "The best one of all."

This is the ornament Miles made at school.  I think it is so cute!  It came with this little poem:

"Five Little Snowmen all in a line,
They might look familiar because the handprint is mine.
Snowmen will melt 'cause they're just made of snow,
Cherish this handprint because I will grow!"

I'm so glad it's not some lame macaroni thing and it's something I actually want to keep!

Miles woke up at like 4am on Christmas morning crying and saying he was hot.  I was way out of it, but Dave said he was all sweaty, but his room was plenty cold.  Dave went and laid down with him and Miles fought off sleep until 7 at which time he announced to Dave that it was 7 because of the way the light looked coming in his window (we had to take out his clock because he's kind of an insomniac and always checking what time it is and stuff).  At that point, Dave was exhausted from laying by Miles and getting elbowed in the eye and watching him fight falling asleep.  Watching someone who is exhausted not allow themselves to fall asleep is so painful.  Anyway, at that point, Dave gave Miles the iPad and asked him to let us sleep a bit longer.  Good ol Miles kindly obliged and woke us up around 8:30, I think.  And, in true obedient Miles fashion, he didn't even go downstairs without us.  We didn't know it at the time, but his 4am episode was the start of his dirty, rotten illness that plagued the poor kid's Christmas vacation.  What a bummer.

At the end of Christmas Day I realized I hadn't taken a single picture so I snapped a few of Miles.




He asked Santa to bring him a Colorado Avalanche jersey and a Colorado Avalanche hat.  Santa was smart and brought him a t-shirt he can actually wear instead of a jersey.  He also brought him an NHL blanket that has all the teams logos.  Right away, Miles located the Avs logo and pointed out the Columbus Blue Jackets logo which was all covered by his shirt save maybe a half an inch of the bottom of it.  One of these days I need to get a video of Miles saying all the teams (he knows them all) and listing off some players he knows from each team.  It's crazy.

Like I said, Miles was sick:

Can you tell?

It really put a damper on the 5 year old magical-ness I was expecting.  Miles was so excited for Christmas and it was great leading up to it but then he didn't even have the energy to build his legos or be excited that he got them.  It was sad.  It was super duper, hugely and amazingly nice to have Dave around, even though he had to work a bit every single day he was off, including Christmas (livin' the dream).  We took it way easy because Miles was Mr. Feverpants for 5 days.  I think we all would have dreamed it up different, but ain't that just life?  We are all better now and hopefully next Christmas will be more healthy.

No comments: