Friday, March 7, 2014

The Coolest Airplane Ever

Back in February, DAVE AND I WENT TO HAWAII.  Oh my goodness, it was the greatest thing I've ever done.  It was the first time in our 8.5 years of marriage that we've taken a trip, just the two of us.  Vacation is so awesome!  I hope we can take trips together more than once every 8.5 years moving forward!

As you can imagine, I have a billion pictures from our trip, so I'll be putting up multiple posts about the best time of my life lately.

Gotta start with the airplane.  Took pictures for Miles so he could see how awesome this airplane was.  The whole first 5 minutes I thought of him and how utterly delighted he would be.  It was a United "dream jet" or something.  It was seriously the coolest airplane ever.  I felt like any or all of the following at some point (or all at the same time) of the flight:

1. A kid
2. A first time flyer
3. A first time visitor to the U.S.
4. A visitor to the future
5. Someone who had lived in the sticks all their life and never seen or used modern amenities and then got on a crazy cool airplane and had their mind BLOWN.  So I guess I sort of felt Amish.

Check out the windows.  No shades?  No problem!  They TINT at the push of a button! 




Whaaaat?!?!  So cool!


All the seats had a touch screen tv-- movies and shows galore, free for the watching.  Dave and I watched The Internship-- separate, but together.

Dave, in awe and amazement.  You used the screen to control your light and a bunch of other stuff.  At one point we saw a guy reaching up and touching/pushing on his light trying to turn it off... that was funny.

We felt bad for the guy sitting next to us as we were touching everything and tinting the window, un-tinting the window, tinting the window medium, lighter, darker, lighter, darker, medium... WOW... take a picture!  

We felt even more bad, though, when we had to say goodbye to that airplane once we got to LA and had to get on the crappiest silver bullet you've ever seen.  We also had to change airlines, which means we had to walk all over LAX and outside (the weather was lovely and you could see the mountains!  Mountains look so much grander after you live in Texas.), go through security again and get to our gate with hardly enough time to buy an outrageously overpriced organic (said in a I'm-so-fancy-I'm-organic voice) muffin.

Then we flew to Hawaii!  I can't remember if I slept that flight... I'm pretty sure I did, and Dave got bumped by every bloody person who ever walked by to go to the bathroom or stretch their legs and had a pretty annoying flight on that crappy silver bullet.  Haha, fun times.

No comments: