Saturday, August 16, 2014

Lost Tooth # 2

Miles has a real fear of pain.  Like, for realsies.  He's super scared of pain and therefore an immense wuss bag.  It's intense.  He will literally cry for hours (yes, hours) if he biffs and gets a small scrape on his knee or something.  I think blood and guts probably really creep him out.  It all makes sense-- he's always been an extremely cautious kid.  Never a climber, risk taker, run around wild kind of kid.  We are talking about a kid who slept in a crib until he was a couple months shy of 4 years old and never once climbed out because we told him it was dangerous.  Exactly.

His first lost tooth was so loose that it came out while Miles was taking a drink.  A fly could have landed on that sucker and it would have fallen out.  His second lost tooth, pictured below was a different experience entirely.  Dave and I would try to sneak it out when we would brush and floss his teeth.  One night I was telling Miles how loose it was, that I couldn't believe it was still in there, and said, "Here: give me your finger so you can feel it."  I took his finger and put it on the tooth to wiggle it and it went CRACK-- straight down and forward and right out.  Miles screamed bloody murder.  It was pretty funny.  When I finally calmed him down from the trauma of an eency weency bit of pain, he realized it didn't hurt that bad and was happy it was out and the tooth fairy could come.  Survival.  He's since lost tooth # 3 (this tooth # 2 was back in April) and he wasn't much braver even though I reminded him that it doesn't hurt all that bad.  Poor kid.  Such a pansy.  We love him anyway!

Here he is, over the scary part and pretty excited:





No comments: