Saturday, March 21, 2015

An Heirloom, Some Decor and Some Junk

 Last summer I started a Christmas tree skirt when I visited my parents up in Coeur d'Alene.  I had it done by Christmas, spent a lot of time on it and asked Dave for his opinion on this or that a million times more than he would have liked about everything he couldn't have cared less about, proclaiming that it was going to be a freaking family heirloom someday.  I really enjoyed making it and I hope someone loves it after I die.  So here she is-- the family heirloom Christmas tree skirt, handmade and hand stitched by myself and a little bit by my mom.  No pattern-- a true original!


 Ta da!


Moving on to decor.

Miles has sort of started his own holiday tradition (not just Christmas) of doing color by number pictures we print off for him.  Whether he is coloring for the Holidays or just coloring/making stuff, he hangs his stuff up all over our walls.  Here is the 2014 Christmas color by number collection with one original drawing by Miles himself:

Looks like we've got an awesome patterned string of lights, Santa (he taped on a little piece of Kleenex for his beard-- I thought that was pretty awesome and clever), fireplace with stockings hung, a tree with ornaments and presents and a plate of cookies.  Love it.

Now we have some junk.

This is the ridiculous mess I had to make to get one more suitcase out of Miles' closet to pack us up for our Christmas trip to Coeur d'Alene.
 Anybody ready to move?!?!

No comments: