Monday, October 13, 2014

Coeur d'Alene

It was so, so, so incredibly nice to go to Coeur d'Alene this summer.  Miles and I were there for about 2.5 weeks and Dave was there for about a week.  It was amazing.  I miss nature so much.  I didn't take a ton of pictures this trip, but here's what I've got:
Miles and my dad, driving the boat.  I don't have any pictures of it, but Miles really loved the jet ski this year.  Dave taught him how to drive and he was actually an amazing driver.  You know, for a six year old.  I couldn't believe how good he was.  We were always on the jet ski with him, of course.

Feeding geese:







Smashing cans with Grandma Sally:

It's the simple things, folks!

Dave got me a new lens for our anniversary-- a 16-35mm.  It's an ultra wide angle lens, so you get some of that fisheye distortion.  It's super fun and cool.

Dave took all of these next pictures (with the new lens) of some of the cousins:




Miles was in heaven the whole trip and it was so fun to just enjoy family and the outdoors and the lake.  I want to move.  Am I allowed to say that?

On a walk/hike.  So beautiful.  Miles walked/hiked like 4 miles.  He took a bit of persuading, but he did it!

 A perfect and delicious dinner on the deck: cinnamon/sugar tortillas, cherries, chocolate cake and gingerale.  That's what I'm talking about.

The beginnings of the Christmas tree skirt I roped my mom into helping me make.  It's not done yet, but I'll finish it before Christmas.  I'm really excited about it because we didn't use a pattern-- it is a Sally Ashley original!  Even my dad came down to the party to help us figure some things out.  It was fun and I love getting into projects with my mom.

No comments: