Monday, October 26, 2015

Texas: The Capitol

We went to Austin over the 4th of July.  We'd never been before and Austin gets all kinds of hype.  Also, it's always nice to get out of Houston, so away we went!

We went to the State Capitol.  I didn't know that we lucked out by just walking right in because when we came out, there was a line to get in.  Whew!






Dave really loves to distort my face, as you may remember and will continue to see, no doubt.




The rotunda was the cool part of the building.


The place is plastered in stars.  They are everywhere you look.



















And there you have it!  As far as capitol buildings go, I'd say it was OK, I'm glad we didn't have to wait in line and I wish our tour guide spoke English that we could actually understand.  And I'd say the St. Paul, MN capitol is waaaaaay cooler.

No comments: