Thursday, January 11, 2018

Hiking Quandry (July 2016)

Good grief.  This was not my best hike, and I LOVE to hike.  Dave has done it before, and we attempted it together back in 2013 but the weather ended our ascent early.  We made it to the summit this time, but I was pretty darn miserable.  My gut was not agreeing with me and I had no way to take care of business... it was awful (although, when we were almost all the way down the mountain, we came across a little roll of toilet paper and I literally burst into tears at the site of it!  It was like manna from heaven!).  And the trail was pretty brutally rocky.  In the Rocky Mountains... go figure!  BUT, it was an accomplishment!  Quandry is a 14er!

It was super cold and windy at the top, so we quickly took in the views, took some photos and headed back down that brutal trail.


Speaking of accomplishments, my 63 year old mom did the hike with us!  How awesome is that?!  She's my hero.








No comments: