There is a serious shortage of outlets and the existing outlets are very temperamental. The one extra outlet we have unoccupied and available downstairs has to be plugged in just right, kind of at a defying gravity angle. News flash crappy outlet: you will never defy gravity and it's rude of you to expect me to. Anyway, Dave needs to get a paper written for his class tomorrow morning (my tomorrow morning-- Tuesday) and since the plug downstairs thinks it's too cool for the dying laptop, he has to use a plug upstairs in our bedroom. So, basically, if I want to go to bed any time soon (which I do) it's going to be under the glow of our fluorescent bedroom light and the lullaby of typing. So, I'm just trying to waste/use up some time. And my butt hurts from sitting in this chair at the computer for so long.
When the laptop still had some juice and Dave was getting his writing juices going (lots of juice around here) he was playing music, stupid youtube videos, etc. We had some Passion Pit, the song from Dumb & Dumber when Lloyd comes back for Harry on the scooter, and then out of nowhere I hear Hanson Brothers and I was like, "What the freak. Why are you playing Hanson?" He was doing it for my reaction, of course. No offense to any past or present Hanson lovers out there, but I proceeded to tell Dave how I genuinely didn't like them when they first came out, and I was so proud and felt so cool when I heard older kids making fun of them. Great story, right?
As a complete side note, I'd have to say the things I'm missing most so far while living in this apartment would be a garbage disposal and a washer and dryer. I'll get used to the whole no garbage disposal thing, but I think I'll always miss my washer and dryer. Also, I miss having a bathroom big enough that you could fit a scale in it. I know-- I'm spoiled rotten.
In fact, lookie here: pictures of the place we call home. The place is kind of messy, but it's late, I'm tired, and I don't care.
The Kitchen:

Killer amount of counter space, and only one burn mark from a stove fire. I haven't tried a 9x13 in that big ol' oven yet, but I'm hopeful it will fit.
Tight squeeze. But seriously, what couple married for only 5 years has a king size bed? Right? Apparently I'm an animal in my sleep.










4 comments:
when you have a bathroom with no countertop, no pantry in the kitchen (in your case, no kitchen really at all), and stupid baseboard heaters yep you live in the ghetto!! I seriously would die without a washer and dryer. like literally. i hate doing laundry as it is, so if i had to sit at a laundry mat with two crazy kids...yep that would KILL ME!
Don't you just love the student life? It's not the worst apartment I've seen, but I hear you about the small kitchen and bathroom. Whose grand ideas were those?
I know you don't love it, but I think you have made it look great! Seriously. And that mini oven is pretty dang hip.
Dude, that place is nice! I particularly like the cinderblock walls.
Anyway, I think you guys are funny. Laugh it up there.
Post a Comment