I really haven't been like "wow, this is way too cold to handle" yet. I'm sure that day will come. And I'm sure I handle the cold so well so far because I hardly ever go outside. What can I say? I like to stay in this grungy place and find spider eggs instead.
It's frozen.In other News:
Yesterday I was all proud of myself for teaching Miles the number 13 in learning time so I told him to show Dave what he learned. He's really been loving Dave lately, which is different-- he's a total mama's boy. I love seeing him want Dave to stay home and getting so excited when Dave does come home. Anyway, he was real excited to show Dave the new shape (Christmas tree) and new number (13) he learned. He went and got a piece of paper and a pencil and took it over to Dave and showed off his knowledge of 13 and the shape of a Christmas tree. Then Dave wrote out more numbers and Miles straight up counted to 19 with no help. We were like, "how does he know how to count to 19?" Is that from the sunny days of Sesame Street? He may not actually know numbers 14-19, but he at least caught on to the pattern. Learning time... psh. I thought I was so cool and Miles showed me up.
Then that night he had his fireman and lego man kissing. That's the first I've seen him do something like that aside from the time he went up to a little girl acting like there was a magnet on his crotch and she was magnetic... that was funny/awkward/concerning all the same. I'm not ready for this kind of stuff. I told Miles 30 times that boys don't kiss boys, only boys and girls kiss (which soon got changed to moms and dads), but he still had Lego man and Fireman make out. And, the kid literally listens to every word we say. Even when it seems like he's not listening, or he's playing with toys in the other room, he's listening. I'm grateful he can't talk clear as a bell-- I'm sure he's picked up on some things from us that would make my jaw drop to the floor.
And so we carry on. Dave's super busy with work and school; I'm semi/occasionally busy with whatever I do and my calling at church; Miles is busy secretly learning to count to 19 and saying "yuhaap!" (yep) which I quite enjoy, and being funny and cute and happy. Our high on Sunday is 1. Yippee!


No comments:
Post a Comment