Dave's parents came to town! We had great weather while they were here and we all got snowed in together. I'm glad they got to experience our apartment and see that when we have a blow up mattress out, our place practically disappears! Sorry I stepped on your glasses, Mom. There was just no where else to walk or climb. And my spiderman-climb-the-walls talent expired long ago.
All sarcasm and joking aside, it was great having them out for a visit. And I really am sorry about stepping on the glasses. I had prepped Miles for days and days that Grandma and Grandpa Lawson were coming and he was so extremely and appropriately excited. He loved having them here. We only got to show them St. Paul before we got snowed in, so they'll have to come back someday to see Minneapolis.
All sarcasm and joking aside, it was great having them out for a visit. And I really am sorry about stepping on the glasses. I had prepped Miles for days and days that Grandma and Grandpa Lawson were coming and he was so extremely and appropriately excited. He loved having them here. We only got to show them St. Paul before we got snowed in, so they'll have to come back someday to see Minneapolis.
I remember the days when Miles wanted to play on that play gym all day long and I didn't want to go get eaten alive by mosquitoes...
Also, Santa made an early visit and miraculously made it in our place despite the fact that we don't have a chimney. He must have come through the heater vent holes/things. Ok, I lied. Santa didn't come. But Grandma and Grandpa Lawson brought enough gifts to make it look like Santa came! Thanks!
Miles, being ever true to himself, was very careful to not make a mess with the wrapping paper he was tearing off. He'd crumple it up and give it to someone or run it over to the trash. P.S. I love that Miles' cheeks giggle/bounce when he runs.
I love this kid's personality. After he'd open a present he'd check it out for a good while. Observe it, play with it, notice everything about it.
See what I mean? Gotta line up the play-doh first... talk about what color they are, count them, love them, etc.


As you can see, Miles wasn't quite jiggy on the idea of having to stop watching Toy Story to take pictures.

I'm glad the dog made it in the pictures, and I'm sorry your head got cut off, Pops. I guess you'll just have to come again if you want a better picture. See you then!P.S. The morning the rents were leaving, I asked Dave if Miles knew and if not he should tell him. Miles was sitting on Dave's lap and when Dave told him that Grandma and Grandpa were leaving, Miles stuck out his lip in the saddest, most heart broken way possible, turned his head, buried his face in Dave's chest and cried. True love for Grandma and Grandpa.


















3 comments:
Glad you guys had so much fun. : ) I think if our little boys ever played together they'd be the perfect match- carefully opening presents, putting wrapping paper in the garbage and lining up all the toys in a row.
Aww so fun! Having grandparents around is the best! My kids are always very sad when they leave too. Weston doesn't cry anymore, but Davin still throws a big sad fit when our fun guests leave. Hope you guys have a very merry Christmas!
PS-My security word is "fratch." I think it's going to be my new substitute swear word. :)
How fun to have Grandma and Grandpa there. Too bad it snowed in...but at least you got lots of time together. Those pictures are fabulous. I hope your whole christmas was wonderful! Miles is truly such a darling and cute little guy. Merry Christmas ( a little late)
Post a Comment