Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December

December in Minnesota.






There's Frosty's (you know, the snowman) miniature arm/hand.

Seeing all that white and cold makes me want some hot chocolate, Christmas music and a movie (but not at the same time-- I hate conflicting sounds). And a Christmas tree. And Christmas lights. And a fire.

Happy December!

We welcomed December today with me waking up exhausted and laying back in bed for another hour or so while Miles brought books to the side of my bed and read them one inch from my face. Good thing he doesn't like to eat right away. Anyway, who knows what else we did-- just the usual and nothing really worth mentioning. I baked cookies that I had to take somewhere and took a late shower. After Miles skipped his nap but hung out in his bed for a couple hours, I got him going with a dinner and ran upstairs to put on some clown paint (aka make up) so I could be all gussied up for the 12-18 year old girl crowd who would soon eat all my cookies. I came back down, in a bit of a hurry to get going and Miles had dumped his rice all over everything. So, then I got in a really big hurry. Rice was everywhere-- all over Miles, his onesie, his legs, his feet. But like I said, I was in a real big hurry to get out the door so some girls could eat my cookies. So I was barking at Miles for the gigantic mess he made and being a big, fat grouch. I took his ricey onesie off and in the process it got stuck on his upper lip. I was taking it off in such a rush though, that rather than stop to get it unstuck, I just took it off in one swift pull and tore his little connecty thing on his upper lip. Put your tongue up behind your upper lip-- you'll feel it. I felt awful. He bled. It was terrible. It only tore a little bit and I had him lay on the couch holding a cold, wet paper towel up under his lip and it took him about 1 minute before he was telling me "Miwoes better!" The rest of the night went lots better. We even got a couple of the cookies.

So, moral of the story is don't be grouchy on December 1st or at Christmas time or anytime. It doesn't get you out the door any faster.

No comments: