Saturday, March 12, 2011

A bit for my Mom and Dad

Well this is the last of it. And it's just a whole bunch of AZ landscape. My parents wanted some pictures of the landscape down there. They thought maybe they could get a canvas print from Costco and slap it on a wall in the house down there. So, sorry this is just a whole bunch of landscape pictures. It's more for my rents than anybody else.

On a related note, I paint and I like art. Haven't painted in years, but I still have my fishing tackle box with my paints in it from when I was 9 or 10 years old. I brought all my art supplies out here to MN on the basis of me possibly painting, possibly selling, and possibly making a dime to help support us in our new situation. Turns out we moved into a shoe box and thankfully Dave got a job. So, my paints a ever so carefully packed away like they have been for the last 7 or so years.

When conceptualizing this idea/plan, I knew I would want to paint pictures I've taken. I still love the idea. It combines two of my great hobbies and it would be all me from start to finish. I like it. Just recently, I saw a painting of a dead bird that looked like a photograph (photorealism). It blew my mind and made my mouth water. Not that I want to eat a dead bird, it just made me want to paint more than I've wanted to in a long time. After seeing that painting, I was looking through all these AZ landscape pictures, but I was looking at them as material to paint and my mouth just kept watering and I just kept getting hungrier and hungrier.

So, Mom and Dad, I think that the pictures that show true AZ landscape aren't really something you'd want printed big and slapped on your wall. However, if you want to feed my apartment some magic beans so it will grow and get me a babysitter/nanny, I'll paint you a beautiful picture. Until you locate the magic beans, here are some pictures. Love, Ashley.

To anyone with me here in MN, I'm sorry the looks of all the warm looking blue sky is making you sad.










The holes are bird houses.




The bark on some of the trees is green. I thought that was cool.




Peace. Am I right?

Buzz.











This is my dad after a run. He's lost a bunch of weight and runs 6 some odd miles with my mom every morning he's in AZ. I'm so proud of him. All of these picture I took were on the trail of their run.

And lastly, for your viewing or gagging pleasure, here is a series of pictures of Miles eating a donut. I call them: Miles the fatso. Enjoy:



1 comment:

mike and chelsea said...

oh my gosh. i love miles the fatso. so freaking cute. that's pretty much how i look eating a doughnut too.