I've whined and moaned before about Walmart. Well, life is a funny thing, and things sure do change. There are like no Walmarts out here, and especially no Super Walmarts. Target headquarters are in Minneapolis, so it's Super Target everywhere you look. I have nothing against Target. I even like it. But I always have this conspiracy theory bubbling to the surface that I'm getting ripped off a lot of the time. And when you are so extremely cheap like we are, that feeling is kind of nauseating.
When we went to Salem, the Super Walmart almost felt like home. Maybe because it was in the West and people were saying bag instead of bayg (if I can't even spell it, then there's no freakin' way that's how any human on earth should say it). Maybe it was because it was a nice one. Maybe it was just the return of the lowest price piece of mind. It's a mystery. But I actually really miss Super Walmarts.
I really love the Twin Cities and all there is to do and see. The weather is unarguably awful, but I still really like these cities. There's one place, though, where I always find myself asking, "WHERE AM I???"
It's Walmart. Walmart on University and Snelling. It's ghetto. And it's the only one close by. So I miss the land of accessible Super Walmarts.
Anyway, moving right along:

We went to Kmart tonight. It had like 30,000 fewer people inside than Walmart, but it was still plenty ghetto complete with a cop car parked right outside the entrance. I felt so protected. Dave needed something from the electronics section and needed someone to get it. We walked to the back of the store where there was of course no one to help. I suggested standing on the counter. Dave thought maybe he could just start throwing things. There was a phone on the counter. Dave tried out the intercom. Gave it a little heavy breathing and couple taps. Then I picked up a camera which set off some kind of alarm. I thought, "look at me, I'm so smrt. I'm going to keep this camera off it's holder thing so someone has to come help us!" A little while later some kid with no identification strolls up with a bunch of keys, walks right past us to turn off the alarm. Then Dave asked for help and got it. That's all. We joked on the way home about how it was the best service we ever received. And that's how this post was born. And now please say goodbye because it's dead.
Goodbye.
1 comment:
Ah, have you tried couponing when at Target? You can get lots for free if you take the time to figure it all out. : )
Post a Comment