Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A big place I like to call Hell

Walmart. Hell. As in the place.

It brings out the worst in me. I don't recall the last time I had a good experience at Walmart. If it weren't for their unbeatable everyday low prices, I would never step foot there.

Today's trip started out in the car, of course, on the way there. As usual there were bums at the off ramp signal. The person behind me gave them a cigarette. How charitable. I didn't see the bums with their mangy dog putting it's nasty paws on the big freezer bins at the store during my shopping like I have in the past. That was a disappointment.

No worries, though, it was just as retarded and awful as usual. I went to the deceivingly short line and got behind a man with ONE item. I missed the hubbub, but apparently, he thought his item was priced lower than he was being charged. So, my cashier lady went to freakin Africa to go check it out. Had I not already unloaded all my crap on the conveyor belt thing, I would have gone to another line and maybe have been done sooner. But, it's Walmart, and it gets me every time. I hate it.

Then, to add to my already bubbling fury and irritation, I get to drag as many groceries as I can fit in one arm, Miles in the other, the diaper bag, the keys to get into our apartment, blah blah blah, you get the picture. Thank you, Miles, for throwing your socks on the ground while I'm lugging all of this crap up our three flights of stairs. Doll face, maybe you should start walking.

Without fail, I'm hot, sweaty, and mad when I get home from Walmart. I'm pretty sure that's how I'd feel if I went grocery shopping in hell.

The end.

8 comments:

Dave and Ash said...

I can honestly say that I laughed audibly in the silent library. Thanks, that made my day!

-Dave


ps
Sorry the trip sucked.

Jessica said...

I'd like to contend that Walmart is not the only place with that name! :) Fred Meyer today...same thing happened to me, except it was an Asian woman with about 20 deodorants and 20 deodorant coupons :)

Emily said...

The Walmart by my house is brand new and BEAUTIFUL and clean and hasn't been trashed yet, so I like it. The only problem is that there's some weird electrical current and the shopping carts shock my hands when I walk. So yes, Walmart still sucks.

Melanie said...

This is hilarious. I miss you terribly when I read it and SO WISH I lived closer to you. And Chad and I avoid Walmart AT ALL COSTS, because, yeah, its always hell.

Marissa said...

We are the same person.

I would also add that I would shop other places (No matter if their prices were slightly higher) if it wasn't for the fact that Walmart is freakin' EVERYWHERE and always happens to be the closest grocery store! Really. I would shop at Super Target if it were closer to me. Stupid Walmart.

Patty said...

That is horrid...I always get stuck in the wrong line just when I think it's going to be short. I have to admit...Wal-Mart does have low prices. I can't stand going to Food-4-less for cheap prices...bad experience there many years ago. And it's right down the street. It can't beat the access for everything for those low prices.

monica said...

Oh yes, Wall-Mart. Try living where I live. There's only one other place to buy produce and it sucks more than wall-mart, if you can believe that. Good thing we've been able to eat out of the garden this month.
Need any tomatoes?

Miles is super-licous cute.

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

true that! I hate Walmart, and me new house is at lease a half hour away, so I dont ever have to go out of convience! I have had 2 different time in 2 seperate walmarts when I couldnt find anyone who spoke english. Walmart is crappola!