Friday, July 20, 2012

The Whole Complete Birday

I really tried to pump Miles up for his birthday this year.  I knew we probably wouldn't be having any kind of party or friends over since we hadn't really made any yet, and I wanted him to have a super day with me and Dave.  Thank heaven it was on a Saturday.  

I set up a treasure hunt for him to find his presents.  The gift that got the best reaction: a book.  The gift most played with: the Pirates of the Caribbean lego set.

He had his menu for the day planned much in advance:
-Donuts for breakfast
-Burritos for lunch
-Artichokes for dinner

 In the car, listening to some of his favorite tunes.  Such a Miles face.

 We took him to see Brave.  I smuggled in some popcorn.  Despite the intense/scary parts, I think Miles liked the movie and enjoyed the whole movie going experience more.



It rained like crazy after the movie.  We tried to wait it out for a little while before we went into Chipotle for burritos, but ultimately just had to run for it.

We took Miles to Toys R Us to buy a bike:
 He's never ridden a bike before, but he did pretty good riding a certain Cars bike all around the store.  Being the cheapos we are, we didn't buy the bike that day so we could order it off of Amazon and save 10 bucks.  Every penny adds up!  Don't ever forget it!


The biggest bummer of the day for Miles: no artichokes for dinner.  We were all so stuffed from our later lunch at Chipotle, we just had smoothies and cake for dinner.  But he survived.




He picked out this telescope/spyglass to buy with some of the money his Grandma and Grandpa Lawson on the mission in Argentina sent.




Pretty fun stuff.


These next few picture was Miles reaction to Dave pulling his cake out:






 I wish cake made me that happy...






He just kept blowing and blowing those trick candles.  I've decided trick candles are annoying.


 

All in all, I'd say it was a successful 4th birthday!

No comments: