Saturday, June 7, 2014

Rodeo Houston

Good golly, Miss Molly, this is old!  Just about everything on here these days is old.  Maybe one day I'll be current, but I'm not making any promises.

I took Miles to the Rodeo this year during his Spring Break.  He loved it, was an amazing, stamina-filled walker, and stuck out like a sore thumb sporting his COLORADO Avalanche shirt.  Tell you what, going to Rodeo really lets me know one thing:  I'm not a Texan.  There are no more words than that.

We went to the pig races and mutton bustin', and I bought him some tickets for rides which he was stoked about.  Overall, a super time.

At the pig races: 

 Patiently waiting, listening to the pigs be introduced with their silly names like "Lindsay Loham."

 Race, piggies!  Race!

 One of his chosen rides.  He looked pretty stressed out when it first got going fast-ish, but came out conqueror and victorious.  He's a real scaredy pants, that Miles.

That's Pirate's Booty all over his face.  Pirate's Booty is always the sign of a special and fun time.

We went back to the actual rodeo with Dave to watch the cowboys ride all sorts of bucking animals and wrestle steers and rope... uh... calfs?  I don't know, but it was really cool and entertaining and I took no pictures.  It happened, either way!

No comments: