Saturday, November 22, 2014

Fun Run

This really isn't an important life event or something we would be sad if it didn't get recorded, but Miles was pretty stoked about it and it was an excuse for me to get out the camera and practice again.  I have been extremely uninspired with photography lately.  I feel like I don't really have anything to take pictures of and my house is wretchedly dark (as in, lack of natural light.  Don't get me started.  When I grow up, I want a house with WINDOWS.).  I should get some sort of project going so my camera doesn't collect dust and my skills rust.

Anyway, I busted out the camera for this event and took pictures so here they are.  It was Miles' school fundraiser this year.  A fun run that the kids got pledges for how many laps they ran.  Miles was way in to it because they got prizes for how many dollars per lap they got pledged.  He wound up getting a whopping 4 dollars per lap!  I didn't let him ask very many people to pledge (Dave and I pledged one of his four dollars) because the whole fundraiser/asking for money thing just makes me extremely uncomfortable.  Is that just me?  I really dislike it.  My problems aside, THANKS to everyone who pledged!

Anyway, the whole deal was put on really well and you could tell it was really fun for the kids.  And Miles really, really loves it whenever I come to school events.  



Miles gave me a five as we went around each lap.






Miles' 1st grade class and teacher, Ms. Gates.

The silly face picture.  I love Miles' silly face.  It's so him.

Popsicles to celebrate their accomplishment.  Way to go!

No comments: