Monday, November 10, 2014

Ripping Out Teeth

You can go ahead and judge us.  We pulled Miles' two front teeth.  They were half out and his permanent teeth were coming in on top of them so we felt like they had to go.  Call me vain, but I didn't want to risk his permanent teeth coming in weird because they had nowhere to go.

Anyway, it was brutal since Miles is so unbelievably pain adverse.  He would barely let us touch a tooth before he'd close his mouth so I held him down and Dave ripped them out.  We did one per night, so Miles looked ridiculous missing just the one for a whole day.  As usual, he was totally fine and happy after all the ridiculous drama.



I was so ready for those suckers to come out, but after it was all said and done, I had the weirdest sense of regret and loss.  It was like I didn't think about how this is another step away from little kid land, how it's the start of the ugly duckling years and all of a sudden I didn't feel so ready for that!  It was weird.

Then the next day we ripped out the other one:




Miles was pretty stoked because he planned to be a hockey player for Halloween and missing teeth is very authentic for that costume.  That's why he wanted his picture taken in his hockey helmet.  Anyway, as soon as both teeth were gone, I felt better because it seems/looks so much more kiddie to me than just missing one.  He won't have those holes for long, though!  His permanent teeth are already coming in quick!  Yikes!  Ugly duckling here we come!

No comments: