Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Mrs.

There was something special about my wife this morning. She had that extra skip to her step. She had a special twinkle in her eye. It was a special morning for the Mrs. but I couldn’t figure out why. We were having a typical Sunday morning conversation as we ate omelets at the table. You know, “Let’s be ready by… Let’s get Miles ready by… You bathe him while I… He doesn’t really need a bath because… Quit watching football…” All of this conversation was pleasant but it didn’t explain why she was so cheery.

Then she started glowing. In fact, she was beaming. “So, I had a dream last night…” Preparing for the worst, I thought the next line would be, “I think we need to have another child…blah…blah…blah.” A large smile is given as she continues, “and I was at a party with Liles. I was single. We separated from the rest of the group so it was just us. I slept with him.” At this point she was absolutely glowing and was wearing a smile from ear to ear.

Me: “You slept with him?”

Ash: “JUST slept. Nothing else.”

Me: “Right.”

Thanks John-Michael Liles. Because of you, my wife enjoys watching hockey and now enjoys sleeping even more.

-Dave




2 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

well Dave he does look like you a little...so maybe that's a plus...I dunno! Trying to help you out...!

Marissa said...

"A Fart in your general direction," eh? I threw in the eh because of the whole hockey thing.
#1 That guy is hot
#2 I expect no less than a funny post from you two
#3 My sis' used to live with us in FL and she did an internship with the Tampa Bay Lightening. How do you guys feel about TBL?