Thursday, July 22, 2010

A whole half a decade

Today is the day Dave and I celebrate our 5th anniversary. Five years seems like a long time to me... I don't feel like I've been married that long. Maybe because I'm only 24. Ha!

If you don't want to take a long stroll down memory lane, save yourself some time and move on.

Dave and I had our first date on March 12, 2005 and got hitched July 22, 2005.
We were so obliviously happy. Falling in love with Dave was the easiest, most natural thing I've ever done.


The start of the Rexburg years:

Good ol' snowy, cold Rexburg.

Not in Rexburg, obviously...

Nope, not Rexburg, either. Go Avs!

Rexburg.

Mesa Falls, by Rexburg.

Definitely not Rexburg. Banff, Alberta Canada is still one of the prettiest places I've been.

Ah, the Rexburg townhouse.

Half-eyed Willy.

First prego pic we ever took.

He graduated! In a shade under a decade! Just kidding... it wasn't a decade.

Dallas: the most expensive life lesson I ever paid for.

Also the fattest I've ever been in my entire life.

Seriously? That just came out of me?

The beginning of DAM.

Back when Miles had some color in his skin.




Out of Texas and happy about it, but so not ready for the hard times ahead.

Denver.

Welcome to Liberty Lake.

Go Rockies.

The day we found out Dave got the assistantship at WSU. Suddenly the hard times of that year were worth it.




Totally worth it.

Happy Anniversary to us.

8 comments:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

I have to say Ashley, you've bounced back from pregnancy really well! :-) You look amazing! Good job Dave.

Megan said...

You guys are so cute. Congrats on 5 years! Let's hope for at least 5 more. :)

Rayna said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

Dave and Ash said...

I love how Ash looks better and better. I on the other hand...not so much...but who cares? The joys of being a guy!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I was going to say, ash you got more and more beautiful with each picture! Seriously I think you are HOT! Way to go, and congrats on five years!! Five years doesn't sound very long to me, but when I think about it, it seems like I have been married to David for much longer than that. (in a good sense)!

Tasha said...

That was really fun to see. I still remember you wedding day. It looks like it has been a fun 5 years.

jessica said...

Awww, that was so sweet. I loved seeing the fat Ashley, it was seriously my favorite picture! It's not fair that you get to be so beautiful, it made me feel good to see that you actually did gain weight with Miles. Then again you look so amazing afterwards too...still not fair. Happy Anniversary!

BTW we made it on tv last week at the shock game. there was no boob guy this time, I'm sure he would have made it on tv for sure!

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

Happy anniversary! I loved that married life recap, and I love seeing the cute chubby prego, cause I always get this idea that I am the only fat preggoer, so thanks for making my day!