Thursday, August 26, 2010

Haha

Well, guess what? Tomorrow (my tomorrow-- Thursday) we move to Minneapolis, MN. That's right, I said MINNESOTA. We've been working like dogs the last two days getting everything packed up and ready to go. As I'm sure you know, adventures are never few when moving.

At 10:20 pm tonight, I decided to do one more walk through the house. All good. I opened the fridge and looked at all the crap we were leaving for my mom to come pick up tomorrow and then I realized all at once, "Hey! Those left overs are in my tupperware! You've got to be freakin kidding me." Lucky for me, I had left out one roll of paper towels so I could rinse out the food and wipe them off. No, no soap. Fun times.

Then, after we finally had everything out and loaded, we tried to get our car up on the tow dolly. Broken. No work. We can't leave when we planned and we have to locate another tow dolly and blah blah blah. Anyway, Dave called the 24 hour Penske help line, and upon getting an automated dealy, he rolled his eyes and said, "Dude, if I was getting raped right now, I'd be so pissed.... But then again, I wouldn't be calling Penske." Haha.

Let the adventures begin!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I loathe packing and moving. It's the worst. I hope things go smoothly with the rest of the move! Especially the drive out there. Good luck in Minnesota!

Kristi said...

Minnesota? Is this for Dave's schooling? I have heard it is purdy there.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

WHAT?! I thought you just moved? What is going on? whatever it is, good luck in MN!! Will you be close to the mall of america? I've been there it is HUGE!!!

Rayna said...

Whoa, really? Sweet! What is taking you to Minnesota?

mike and chelsea said...

wow, that's quick! moving sucks. and it sounds like you guys are experts. anywhoo, drive safe. how long will you be in minneota (that's what us south dakotans call it)? Better get used to the coldest weather of your life.

Anywhoo, thanks for the well wishes with baby alex. he's pretty darn adorable.

heart you, chels

Tasha said...

Wow Minnesota. That definitly sounds like an adventure. I am hoping you have too many crazy happenings along the way. Good luck

sara said...

I hope all goes well on your move to Minnesota! It IS pretty darn cold there but I'm sure you're used to it with some of the places you've lived. I'm glad I found your blog so I can keep up with your happenings :). love, Sara R (torgerson...cousin to David)