Well, we got here. A few days ago. I got about 15 mosquito bites in the first 30 seconds, my ankles swell, and our apartment is the biggest dump OF ALL TIME. You'll see. And then you'll feel sorry for us. But no worries, we're strong, and the humid heat of the last few days with no A/C has been super duper. Two showers a day, lots of stickiness and sweat, and low temperatures of 74 degrees (like in the middle of the night). It's the most comfortable thing ever-- you should try it.
Unfortunately, we couldn't do a walk through before we moved all of our junk in, so we had to wait all weekend long to tell the management all of the following:
-"Hey, losers. Our fridge smells like a mouse died in it. I dry heave every time I open it to a) not put food in it or b) to make sure the baking powder still isn't doing squat to conquer one of the more foul odors I've smelled lately."
-"Hey, jerks. There is freaking mouse poop in the corner of my stinky storage room under the stairs. And, look, there's his house-- that hole, right there."
-"Hey, imbeciles. This nasty green carpet was never shampooed and I don't want to walk bare foot or touch it with a ten foot pole. So, please provide some hover-boards immediately. We don't like finding fingernails stuck to our knees after we kneel down. Hovering would be much better."
-"Hey, buttface. You left the rubber from somebody else's bath rug stuck to our gigantic bathroom floor. Barf."
-"Hey, good for nothings. It's hard enough for me to want to unload my kitchen stuff into the extensive amount of cupboards, but the handles screwed into the doors of said cupboards may be helpful."
Actually, the management has been real nice and accommodating now that they finished their lovely weekends wherever they live. We spent ours eating Taco Bell every night because there seems to be a shortage of fast food joints close by, we don't know where anything is, and... that's right: we can't buy any food because our fridge is rancid. They got us a new fridge today, they shampoo the carpets tomorrow, get the rubber off the bathroom floor tomorrow and will plug up Mr. Mouse's house soon. AND, they gave us our $135 prorated August rent back. See? This place is going to be great. I'll show you someday, but today is not that day.
And, we are actually really excited to be here. Minneapolis seems like an awesome place and we are excited to get to know the area. It was all pretty last minute, and we'll miss the West and my family and lots of other things, but we are very hopeful that Dave's transfer to the University of Minnesota will be great. Look for Dave when he's famous. Peace.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WHAT!!! SO I guess no car wash and sundaes for us...we just got back from a VERY long trip. I was wondering what you guys ended up doing so I checked out the blog...good thing I did! I hope Minnesota gives you some better memories than the ones you've made thus far...
Are you sure that there wasn't a dead body stored in the smelly storage room and maybe even in the refrigerator? Just saying. It is possible. So what is Dave doing at the U of M?
Post a Comment