Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Change

Well. Apparently a bunch of peeps think I'm pregnant. I'm not. If/when I get the chance to announce another pregnancy I'll be sure to use some key words in the announcement. Those key words may include but not be limited to: pregnant, pregnancy, baby, big brother, nausea, vomiting, fat, psycho, emotional, etc. So, no need to read between the lines; I'll be clear.

The change I was referring to was just the Lawson usual: moving! Dave has to do a summer internship or "residency" as they fancifully call it here at the University of Minnesota, and he accepted a spot in Salem, OR. That's Oregon. Lucky for us, some extremely kind and generous members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have opened their home to us so we don't have to move allllllll our crap out there for the 3 month stay. True, we moved allllll our crap for an even shorter stay in Post Falls, ID, but it was like 10 minutes down the road. And we weren't sure if we would indeed move to Minnesota. Which we did. And that's the story of our life. We move.

Anyway, that's the change that brought up the bad parenting conversation. We'll be staying with people we don't know and so Dave was delighting that I may have to become an early riser so the people we will be living with won't think I'm an ultra loser/lazy bum/bad parent. So maybe your opinions will change now knowing the circumstance? Well, whether they do or don't, we are moving to Oregon for the summer and we're pretty excited about it! Since we know we are just going to be there for the summer, we are going to live it up and go to the coast as often as possible, hit up Portland, Seattle and I don't know what else. But it's going to be fun, I'm sure of it.

Now for your viewing pleasure, here is a video of Miles dancing in the glory of my laundry everywhere disaster of a dwelling:

Dance from DAM FAM on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Moving again?! Are you turning into Grandma Donna, moving every season? I vote that you go hang out with your parents for 3 months instead of living with strangers, and leave Dave alone in Salem. Are they nice strangers? Have you seen the scary movie The Strangers? Because those people were killed by The Strangers. Look out, Dave!

Emily said...

And yeah, Jason said the same thing about that looking like a giant weenie on the ultrasound. Apparently it's not.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

maybe you could live it up and come visit us!!! we are just 4 hours from there!!! I have a cousin that lives in Salem! i want to go to the beach so so bad!!! have fun with the move!!

Kristi said...

Don't forget Dave's Portland peeps (cousin Kristi/Klint, Aunt Becky, Uncle Chuck). : ) Tell Dave if you have time, we'd love to see you guys when you're up this way-my parents would like to, also! We're in Portland which is not too far from there. And his Auntie May and Uncle Jim live in Salem there, also. : ) And really, summer time is the best time to live in Oregon-you might not feel as soggy from all the rain.
~Kristi