Thursday, April 7, 2011

Let's Fight

I realize that I don't get many or often any comments. I'm a ok with that. I write and put pictures on this here blog for me and my family. However, I'm a loser and I need to know what some peeps think. Be honest, I can take it. Stop laughing at me, Lindsey.

Dave tells me that he thinks many people would say it's bad parenting that I don't roll out of bed until about 8:30 am while Miles happily hangs out in his crib and counts/yells to 40 or quietly thinks about life and the wonders of his off white walls. So, let's hear it! What do you say? Is it bad parenting?

P.S. For the record, this is not a source of contention in our home, nor are we fighting/bickering about it. Just talking because things in our life are going to change soon.

16 comments:

Shannon said...

NOT bad parenting. As long as he's not screaming in there, no problem! I used to leave Weston in his crib for up to an hour every morning. He played with his stuffed animals (and by played, I mean he threw them all out) and babbled. I would get up and get him when he started fussing.

When he got bigger I would stagger out of bed and tuck him in on the couch with a sippy of chocolate milk and turn on Sesame Street or a movie and go back to bed. Call me lazy, but it worked for us. Especially after Davin was born and I had been up 5 times in the night and did not feel like being up for the day at 6:30am. :)
PS-I do regularly read your blog and I love all your photos and general wit. We would probably be friends if I ever met you in person.

Jones Family said...

I'm sure Dave would do the same thing if he was the stay at home parent every day :) I have done that with all 3 pretty much...if they aren't crying and just sitting contently in their crib, why not? Now I'm curious to know if these new changes are possibly parenting more then one child....:)

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I have to say no not bad parenting because I do this same thing. and I too do what shannon says and just get cambree a bowl of cereal and turn on the toons and go back to bed until I hear bridger screaming for me! so i say keep on keeping on. and if this p.s. means parenting more then one child then i say tell dave until he has the kids you can sleep as long as you want, and whenever you want! HA!

CdA News Editor said...

ENjoy it while it lasts. Soon he will be able to get out of bed and his room all by himself. He will come into your room and wake you up asking for Fruit Loops.

jessica said...

Oh please! Thank heavens Maya is around to take care of Camden in the morning! When she was Miles age I would put a sippy cup of water and a little bowl of cheerios for her to eat in the morning when she woke up...NO JOKE!

So every time I read your blog I am just waiting for you to make an announcement about numbero dos...so do I have to wait much longer????

Cortney said...

well if you're a bad parent, then I am too. I let both my girls do their own thing until 8:30....the nice thing about it is they are used to it and sometimes even sleep in until 8:30. I ike to think I'm training them to love sleeping in :)

mike and chelsea said...

What does that mean, things are going to change soon? Another bebe?? ( ! ) I am in accord with all these lovely ladies and gent. Plus, it seems to me like it is good time for a little boy. Happy and all, why not?

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

If he is happy, how can it possibly be bad parenting? Kids need space too, so it is fantastic parenting!

Patty said...

Ashley, are you pregnant?? If so, take advantage!!! I say it's fun to just be lazy and listen to them while they are in the crib. It can bring a smile to you!!

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I don't think that's bad parenting at all. 8:30's early. And I comment sometimes!

stanford said...

I agree with other commenters, NOT bad parenting. Infact, I love it that Maggie now hangs out in her room before coming in to ours in the morning. She will be in there for an hour sometimes! I also love reading your blog because it makes me feel more normal as a parent because you are so real with the way you tell about your life as a mom. With baby #2 coming in 3 weeks life for us will be very different and will soon be a full time mom for 3 months!

stanford said...

opps, that last comment was from Sara, not Stanford (David's cousin). I don't comment lots on your blog b/c I know you don't really know me, but I love reading it!

aknapp said...

Considering I spend the least amount of time actually interacting with the children that I nanny as is possible, I think you're probably doin' just fine.

Marissa said...

Not bad parenting at all. I do the same thing but Story sleeps in a bed and she climbs out, comes into our room and says, "hey mommy. hey mommy. hey mommy. milk. I wan milk." Luke then gets up, helps her, turns on cartoons, leaves for school and I make an appearance at an unknown time after that. Lucky for us, I just bought a child proof lock for our front door so she doesn't escape while I'm snoozing.ha!

Rayna said...

As long as he's content, why not?

When my boys get up at 6, I totally sleep on the couch while they watch TV. What a good boy to not climb out of his crib yet! Jude comes into our room every morning and asks to watch "spinerman" and eat "breffast". So I say enjoy the crib time while you can!