Saturday, April 30, 2011

I give you color

I would have to say I've been pretty bummed with this Minnesota Spring. It's nothing I'm not accustomed to after all my years in Rexburg and then the Inland Northwest, so whatever. I'm used to it. But we've had some really nice teasers and I got my hopes up every time. Also, I've been waiting on pins and needles for all these trees to pop some blossoms and it just ain't happening. Do the trees out here not get blossoms? What's the deal with that? Pretty disappointing considering I was in Liberty Lake, WA last Spring and it was phenomenal in the blossom department. The trees right out my window have green leaves coming in, but never a blossom. I taught Miles about the seasons a couple weeks ago and I drew pictures for each season. For Spring, I drew purple blossoms and Miles has been searching for them ever since. Sorry to disappoint, kid. And sorry to confuse since there were still leaves on the ground when the snow melted and then more snow after the snow melted. Talk about a 2 year old mind blower.

This post is way overloaded with pictures. Here's the deal: I don't really have much of an outlet. This applies to both the lacking electrical outlets in my dwelling and an outlet in my life. You know, something to do to relieve stress or worry or irritability, etc. I can play the piano a bit, and that would be an outlet for me, but we don't have a piano. Painting is an outlet, but it's unrealistic with my square footage and non-napping toddler. I'm not a video game player where I can just shut off my brain and the world around me and play. I'm lazy and I don't work out. So that basically leaves me with my camera. Taking pictures is definitely an outlet for me. I'm glad to have found that. It's a hobby. So that's why I put up 10 billion pictures. I like them. I like taking them. I like seeing progression. And with all the lack of Spring around here, I just want to look at some color.




























Dave took this one.

And this one.

And this one.

And this one.

And this one.



3 comments:

Dave and Ash said...

As always, your pics are far better.

-Dave

Ash said...

Debatable.


I think we should have a conversation in blog comments.


You're sexy. Love, Ash

Dave and Ash said...

Actually, not debatable. Your pics are always better than mine.

I really like pics 14, 16, and 23. Not sure if I counted those correctly.

Thanks for thinking I'm sexy. But once again, you are far far far more sexy than me.