We hit up the Minnesota State Fair again this year. It was a buck more than last year to get in! Jerks. Anyway, like I said, it was a DAM good time.

Miles with cookie all over his face.

It was so funny watching Miles try to figure out what to do in these. This was his first time putting his face in this sort of contraption and he was pretty confused, enamored and delighted.

He got the hang of it, though.

Something we didn't take part in last year:

The horse show. I totally felt complete with my fair experience because of this horse show. It started off with trailer races, which was fun to watch, but the highlight was this drill team or whatever they called it. These girls and these horses did some pretty neat stuff and formations, etc. It was a great fair experience. Miles thought it was so fantastic and was so enthusiastic and excited the whole time. He loved clapping with the crowd and was overflowing with the greatest kid cheer I've seen lately.

This year's crowd. A lot like last year.

I tried to mess around with some slow shutter pictures. They are scattered throughout this post. There is camera shake in all of them. I don't have a tripod. I want one. My birthday is 10/30. See you then.


I took quite a few pictures of these chairlift/bucket type things. Every time I'd stop to take a picture Dave would ask me what I was seeing that he wasn't. But I just liked it-- the sky, the American flags, the people-- it seemed so fair-y to me.

Fair-y.

Fair-y.

Fair-y. No? Am I alone?

Also fair-y.

We totally didn't dish out the 3 bucks for Miles to go on a kiddie ride that he no doubt would have enjoyed immensely. But no worries, we let him sit in this coin op bus, which received no coins from us and it was just as much of a success. Win win!
And last, but not least, the grandstand show of the night was Weezer! We didn't have tickets, but we sat right outside the grandstand and listened to the whole show. They put on an awesome show and we were pretty bummed we weren't actually, legitimately in attendance. They played all their old hits plus a Radiohead cover and a Foster the People cover. Both excellent.
Please enjoy this video of Miles rocking out to Weezer. Do take note of all the following:
a) his sweet moves
b) air drums
c) air guitar
d) that a garage band is likely in my future
Enjoy:
Miles + Weezer = DAM good time from DAM FAM on Vimeo.
4 comments:
Fun! I LOVE fairs. You are right about those sky bucket things. Very fair-y. I'm so jealous that you got to hear Weezer! I saw them live almost 10 years ago. Love that they played all their old stuff. I can't believe how adorable and funny Miles is rocking out. :)
Love Miles dancing!
Oh how Iove a good fair! And Weezer!? Really!? No good bands at our lame fair.
Looks like Miles was having a blast! We'll have to try and get to the State Fair this year...love fairs!
Post a Comment