I meant to write this post yesterday, but the computer was all tied up with Dave doing that awful, obnoxious thing we all know as "homework." Psh. Then, when he finished, I was too tired, so you get yesterday today.
First off, I'd like to tell you a story. Once upon a time, like 5 weeks ago, I was at a baby shower for my buddy and my friend. Holly is her name if you must know, and her water broke during our Young Women meeting today at church. How about it?! Anyway, I was chatting, chatting, chatting (I'm such a chatterbox. NOT.) with another of my pals, whose name is Kristin, if you must know again (you are being very nosy). We were talking about our hubs and what job prospects they had lined up. Dave was set up to have his interview in Houston a few days from that time, five weeks ago. I was all dolled up (kit kat anyone? Give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that kit kat bar!) because I love my friend Holly, and my pal Kristin commented on my boots. These boots to be exact. She said something along the lines of "Well, it looks like you're all dressed for Houston." I responded with something along the lines of "Yeah right! I have way too many clothes on! I'd have to be naked; it's so hot there!"
Good story? It brings me, in that round about, random way to yesterday, which is the point of this post. Yesterday morning was beautiful. Sunny, crisp and fallish... delightful. We went to story time at Choo Choo Bob's, went for a donut and then went to our new favorite store: Menards. If you don't love it for the name alone, then I don't know what to tell you. I had shed my coat long ago because it was so nice outside. After our shopping at Menards (I know I'm immature, but I think it's funny every time), Dave and I were feeling a bit hot-- me tugging at my turtle neck and Dave unzipping his light jacket. We rolled the windows down. And then we checked the temperature: 47 degrees. At this time, Dave turned to me and said, "Honey, we are going to die in Houston." Well said.
It got warmer and cloudier as the day progressed and felt colder. Sunshine sure does a number. We went to this cool park in Minneapolis. I've driven by it a hundred (exaggeration, I'm sure it's been significantly fewer than a hundred) times and always thought Miles would love to play there, but as it turns out, the weather here is TERRIBLE the majority of the year. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it. For now, because I don't feel like blabbering on any longer. Look at me! A downright chatterbox!
Yesterday was the first day in quite a while since I've had my camera out, so this is picture overload. What's new?

I really like play structures like this. This is the same style of Miles' favorite park in Salem, but way cooler and in far better condition. They had a train and a boat and a groovy car.

This is Dave, as you well know. He didn't want to go to this park because there was a U of M v Wisconsin football game going on and this park is pretty close to the campus. He thought there would be no parking or that we'd have to pay for parking and whatever else. I said, "whatever dude, it's not that close to campus and I'm sure there is parking. Pleeeaaaase." I was right. Here he is accepting the fact that I was right and it was a splendid idea. I'm always right. ;) P.S. I never use emoticons. Ever. Except for right there. And it hardly counts because in reality, it's just a semicolon and a parenthetical meant to be a smiling winking thing.

Take a look at that mouth, would ya? He was mid word-- I don't know which one, but I wonder if my mouth ever looks like that when I talk...


A splendid idea, indeed! Look at Dave, having the time of his life digging in the dirt.

Father-son instruction followed by one stinkin' cute kid:









Did I say it or did I say it? Stinkin' cute.



Something tells me that someone belongs in this car and someone else doesn't...
Here is a short series of photos I like to call "And Dave squeaks his bum into a car." Enjoy, because I sure do:



Haha, I love it.


And this, ladies and gents, is a series of photos I like to call "Miles the crazy man dare devil." Check it out:









Everyone got out of the car successfully. Whew!

This is when Dave took over the camera. I guess he just couldn't wait to take a picture of my backside. I don't blame him; I'm just so sexy.
Side story: The coat I'm wearing is one of my favorites and the chain looking thing in the back is actually a necklace I bought at some antiquey type shop in Paris to replace the actual piece that either got stolen or just fell off. The end.
Look at this! Me and Miles in some pictures. Together! Three of them!

One.

Two.

Three!
Lastly, and to close this long and probably really random post, here are some pictures of Miles on the swing:




1 comment:
Ohmygosh. I. Made. Your. Blog.
Haha, I've laughed about that story a few times since then...
Post a Comment