I just wrote about jobs and getting them and Dave getting one. Well... he got one! The very next day after I wrote that actually. We are going to the red.

I don't know that I have whined thoroughly enough to properly convey how much I dislike heat. Just get me an a/c and some acclimation and we'll survive. Right?!?!
So Dave got a job in Houston, TX at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System. June 1st. Nothin' like having a job lined up 7 months in advance... except having a job lined up 7 months in advance. And let me tell you, it is so awesome.
I got over the initial "Houston? Really? HOUSTON?" a long time ago-- way before I knew he got the job. It's been very clear to me that this is where we need to go and I knew he was going to get it. I just knew, if you know what I mean. So I'm really excited and Dave is too!
A few fun facts:
-Dave said the people he interviewed with down there told him Houston is 25% White, 25% African American, 25% Mexican and 25% everything else. I don't know how legit that stat is. Probably legit.
-We will more than likely be living in an apartment again. YES!!!!
-That's really all I can think of right now. Maybe you know a fun fact about Houston?
6 comments:
Congratulations! What a good feeling!
Mike is Ryan's cousin. Fabulous family! Love his wife. Maybe you can be bffs. :)
Congrats! That is so exciting. I always like being able to plan, so knowing 7 months before moving somewhere is fantastic. I have some very good friends from Houston and they are fiercely loyal to it and love it, so hopefully that means it's an awesome place to live. :)
Exciting!! I also loved the post where you shared your jounal entry from 6 years ago. I love how you share your life with us on the blog. I feel like I know you and I've only ever met you at your wedding & the day after at grandma Snowballs to open presents (random, I know...and that was prob the last place you wanted to be the day after you got married!)Fun times:)
Congrats! We will probably be staying in the pink with
-0 degree weather. Not sure which one I would hate more...hot/humid is pretty disgusting too. But ya gotta do what a gotta do right? I'v actually heard a lot of cool things about the Houston area.
I know a fun fact about Houston--it's disgustingly hot and humid in the summer, but you already knew that didn't you? I'm glad Dave has a job (!!!hooray!!!) but man, get ready for a sweaty crotch summer.
That is awesome Ash!!! Way to go to Dave! I've been so busy that I'm way behind on any type of news. I think you'll love the Houston heat. You'll have memories of Minnesota to keep you cool!!
Post a Comment