Monday, October 29, 2012

Nocular Walk

Disclaimer: this post is long.  Sue me.

A little while back I had an itch to take some pictures and practice with a lens I haven't used as much.  I outfitted Miles with his "noculars" and out we went in the warm, muggy Houston Fall.  Miles loved looking at stuff with his "noculars" from a millimeters distance and I was shocked to find some evidence of Fall.  Juxtaposition, folks.

Miles wanted me to take a picture of most things he found.  I've spared you from all the pictures, but he'll be delighted to see all these pictures up here of all the things we found and looked at.  Hence the million pictures-- some with purpose and explanation, others with none.  Fun times with my little boy.

We've been anxiously curious to see if the leaves will ever change and you do find an occasional one here or there.  Exciting.













You'd almost believe it's Fall, right?  Aside from the fact that you're sweating...






What funky, curly hair you have, plant.



Do all trees grow these things and I've just never noticed?








I do quite enjoy the purple plants that grow out here.  Or down here.



I thought this leaf and the way it has changed was pretty rad...



Deciduous!  No way!

Now, speaking of deciduous, I have no idea what this plant is, but it is by far the raddest deciduous plant I've ever seen.  I took a million pictures of it because I think it's so cool.  Also, these pictures are practically straight out of my camera.  Extremely minimal edits.  Extremely colorful and cool plant.





Fall!  Is it possible?










This was Miles when I told him we had to go in for lunch:

















It was fun.  Always fun to make some memories with my little boy who is increasingly not so little.

No comments: