Friday, March 1, 2013

A Sally Day, A Favorite

Sally is my mom.  She's the coolest.  I had a Sally day a couple weeks ago.  It was warm and a little bit muggy and we were stuck home without a car so I decided to clean up our patio.  We put on some gloves and went to town clearing dirt, leaves and finding lots of worms and other bugs.  Whenever I work hard on something and accomplish a lot in a day, and maybe get dirty or sweaty (not that she's a dirty or sweaty person, she just is one of those hard working ladies who isn't afraid to get sweaty or dirty or mess up her make up), I feel like Sally.  Like the time I put all of our collapsed boxes and bags of moving blankets and packing paper up in the attic by myself instead of waiting for some help-- balancing ever so carefully on that ladder with both of my hands full of big boxes and sweating so much my clothes stuck to me... definitely felt like Sally.  Clearing out that dirt and finding those worms reminded me of being a kid and going to the church with my mom to weed the rose garden. Only then I liked finding the worms; this time they kind of startled me at first and I had to mentally decide that it was indeed ok.  Miles had the time of his life and that also made me feel like Sally.  Because she always does great stuff with the grandkids and they love her.  It was a great Sally day.  I thought of her the whole time I worked.



Then Miles played with chalk.















Believe it or not, I'm actually kind of looking forward to it getting warm again.  Consult me on the matter in a few months and we'll see where I'm at.

P.S.  Thanks for being such a great mom, Sally.

No comments: