Thursday, September 12, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa Lawson Come for a Visit

Dave's parents came for a quickie visit.  Miles loved having them around so much that he wouldn't go to bed the night before they were going to leave and was a dirty rotten scoundrel.  We all survived, though.  It was great having them out for a visit!

One day we went to Galveston and rode the ferry boats:
















It was great fun and we saw dolphins and some other kind of fish that does not look like a dolphin and I would swear on my life it was a shark, but it could have been some other huge fish with two fins that point up.  It's a mystery!

We also hit up this fun soda fountain/candy/ice cream/fudge/chocolate shop:

CLEARLY, I need to allow Miles to eat more junk because of alllllll the tasty things he could have had, he chose a freakin' lollipop:





Yum.


The other day we braved the heat and humidity and went to the zoo for a couple hours.

I really do appreciate Houston's vegetation.

That snake has horns.

We went to Cavenders Boot City so we could get a good smell of leather and feel like we were in Texas:




Boots, as far as the eye could see.


And played games:




By the way, Miles is ultra competitive (all Lawson) and pretty much can't handle losing.

Thanks for the quickie visit!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Looks fun. I never get tired of your photography!