Monday, September 16, 2013

First Day of School

Welp, here he is.  First day of Kindergarten.  Up bright and early.  School starts at 7:45am and we have to leave the house at 7:15 so we are up and at 'em at 6:30 each day.  Waking up early is no problem for Miles.  He's a morning person.  And a night person.  Really he's an all day person.  He thinks he doesn't like sleeping.  I say, "You're crazy."

I also say, "You're so goober-y" (code for adorable/handsome/cute.  He doesn't like to be called those things.  He likes to be called goober-y.) to which he responds, "Thanks."


It took most of the summer, but he finally got excited for school.  He didn't seem nervous about it or anything on his first day and went perfectly.
Walking in.


Sitting at his desk putting his observation skills to work.

These next three pictures were taken over the course of, literally, one second:


Looks a tad worried, eh?

He never could stop observing to look at the camera or even care that Dave and I were in the room for a quick couple minutes.  When I bent down to give him a hug and say good bye, I could feel the tears coming at an incredible rate so I just had to get out of there.  Which I did.  Lucky for me, Dave took that day off so I could just look out the window and cry silently, limp body and all, the whole drive home.  Then we went for a run in the rain and the rest of the day flew by.  We went out to lunch and looked at cars.  It was pretty nice having a built in, free babysitter.  Easy peasy.

After his first day, he complained that it was too long.  It was hilarious.  You should have been there.  But I'm pretty confident Miles likes school.  Every time I ask him about his day or something specific, he says, "Why are you wondering?"  He doesn't like to share much, but I take what I can get.  

It is a long day and lately he's been waking up SO EARLY (well before 6:30), so he's pretty much Oscar the Grouch each day after school.  Still love him to pieces.

1 comment:

Ashley C said...

Is it all-day kindergarten? Paige did that last year and it was a rough transition. It's a long day for 5 year olds! Sounds likes Miles is doing well though. Paige is in first grade this year and I still feel sad every single day when I drop her off.