Friday, September 5, 2014

Memorial Day

Did I ever tell you that it was actually a bit wintry here in Houston last winter?  I think I did-- probably more than once because I couldn't believe it.  I used coats and even a scarf!  Anyway, two days of school got cancelled due to freezing rain.  The school district called for a make up day on Memorial Day, the last week of school.  We said, "Nope, not happening" and had Miles take the day off anyway so we could hang together as a DAM FAM.  We got Miles some donuts, went to Hugo's for brunch and headed to the San Jacinto monument and Battleship Texas.  It was cool.
The old guns could actually be moved so Miles and Dave had loads of fun with those.











 Here's the San Jacinto monument.  There was a free little museum portion which actually had some really cool and interesting stuff, but you had to pay to go up to the top, which was totally lame.  Sorry.  There's no way around it.

Here we are at the top.

Another one for the books!

No comments: