Let me share a couple adorable things about my dear, sweet husband Dave.
He collects pens like you wouldn't believe.
This pile doesn't even do it justice.
He doesn't do it on purpose. He just brings them home from work in his pockets, takes them out and puts them somewhere annoying and then repeats the next day. I pretty much find them everywhere, but we had quite the collection on our dresser. It really was a mountain of pens, balanced so carefully by me when I would dust. The mountain was growing by the day, though, threatening to topple over at the slightest bump or breeze so I decided it was silly to have a mountain of pens and it was quite the ugly decoration, even though I sort of hid them behind a picture. Since their existence was relatively bothersome to me, I started putting the pile on Dave's pillow or somewhere that directly affected what he needed to get to. I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting to happen, but Dave couldn't have cared less, would move the pens from his pillow or wherever to the floor and carry on with his life, completely unaffected by my blatant hints. To be a man! At any rate, the pens have found a new home.
Next up, we have his bachelorhood.
This was our bed the whole time he was home alone. Bare necessities, ladies and gents.
As a side note, and one you don't likely care to hear, seeing this picture makes me slightly depressed. I really do believe that we will someday live in a more settled circumstance where we can finally invest in some furniture (i.e. headboard), decorate, and where we will have a little more space so I don't have to keep the last couple boxes or extras in the corner of my bedroom. You know what I'm saying?
Anyhow, men are amazing. They really are. They are so different from women and I think I'd rather deal with somebody's silly pen cluttering than somebody's PMS. So hooray for men and hooray for Dave!

No comments:
Post a Comment