Since we'd be gone for a week or so, I was trying to get rid of all the fresh food in our fridge. We had a lot of tomatoes so I decided to make salsa. At 10pm or so. That's the salsa making time, didn't you know?
Anyhow, I lost my mind for a minute and blew my nose as soon as I was done chopping and mixing and yada yada. Did you know that serrano chili oil from your fingers transferred to your nose burns like the flames of hell? I did. I knew that. But I forgot to wash my hands before I blew my nose, and then I took the trip to the burning flames of hell. After I melted two big ice cube tray ice cubes on/up my nose and spread the burn to my lips, we turned to google and found a remedy: yogurt. Thanks, Dave. I'm so glad I have you to spread yogurt up my nose and around my mouth when I need it.
5 comments:
haha. I did a similar thing as well. although, I did not know touching the seeds burned like hell. I cut open a habanero pepper and grabbed the seeds with two fingers to sprinkle them in the salsa. I had my fingers soaking in milk for hours, I slept with my fingers in an ice bag, and Story was a brand new baby and I didn't want to touch her in case the burning rubbed off on her. Luckily she stayed sleeping until Luke got home. IT was a tragic, tragic moment in time.
Hope your nose and mouth get feeling better.
I have totally done this before. Butter works well too! Also, don't pick out your eye boogers after you make salsa or you'll be crying all night.
Hilarious. I read this to my husband so he could laugh hysterically too. I just loveee that picture!
Nice picture! Since I'm not a fan of anything kitchen or cooking, I'm pretty sure this will Never happen to me but if it happens to Aric now I will know what to do...
Note taken :) priceless picture. Definitely worth more than 1000 words.
Post a Comment