Well, we moved-- all safe and sound and settled. That is, of course, aside from the biggest load of crap that we got out of my brother's basement that is sitting in the garage. If I haven't used it for 2 years, and I don't have any idea what it is, does that permit just burning it? Who needs a stupid high school year book anyway? Hm.
I've never had so many wonderful men come to help us move as we did in Liberty Lake. I wanted to kiss every one of them, but they were all married and I think the little boys and the high school kid would have been embarrassed. We so appreciated all the help we received. It was a nice end to the Liberty Lake year of our life.
IT TOOK ONE HUNDRED MILLION YEARS TO GET THE INTERNET. How do people live without it? I don't know. I think it's safe to say that we were having some withdrawals around here.
So, a long time ago, we bought this little foam house (Foam Sweet Home, to be exact) for a steal through none other than our aforementioned and oh so necessary friend the internet. We didn't have the space in our apartment to set it up, of course, so it sat in it's clear packaging-- all colorful and enticing with a picture of the assembled product-- in our bedroom for many a month. Most days, Miles would go over to it and say "pee" in his little high pitched voice way while signing "please." And being the super nice mom that I am, I'd say something like, "not until we move" or "not until your birthday." Well, Miles, as you know, you waited so patiently and the day finally came. Yipee!
We exiled Miles to his playpen while we set it up and then we sang Happy Birthday (no matter that it's not his birthday, he doesn't know the difference) to him while Dave brought him down the stairs to check it out. He mostly enjoys disassembling it-- taking out the flowers and their middles, taking the porch walkway off... it's loads of fun.AND, it turns out I was right. We don't miss our apartment. Our place is great and we have loads of space and the only person I've heard puke since we moved was myself when I had the flu last weekend. Ah, the life. Ah, the internet.
4 comments:
Where are you now? That Foam Home is totally awesome.
C cried the whole time he was in nursery. He misses you and so do we!
Aric would have loved a kiss from you...
singing happy b-day when it isn't his b-day. funny. you guys are always moving!
I love that foam home! Can I come play?
Post a Comment