A little while ago, I took Miles to the park. It's about all we do around here, besides laundry and cleaning and whatever else.
Anyway, I'm certain Miles had more fun watching everybody else at the park rather than playing on the equipment.
There he is, in his Miles way, just watching and observing. He's so careful and calm and quiet, so this is a good activity for him-- just his speed.
He stood at the top of this slide and checked it out for a while and even sat down, but never actually went down the slide. Kids would squeeze past him and go down and he would just stand there and watch all the madness unfold before his very eyes! Maybe he was thinking, "this kind of thing never happens at home! Where did all these people come from?"
"Forget the slide, what does this worthless little knob do? Nothing? Wow."
He found this wheel and thought it was allright... but then an older boy came over and started turning it like a mad man. Miles stood there and observed, and when the boy moved on, Miles went over and gave it a spin like he meant it and looked at me with big eyes and covered his face like he was embarrassed that he could be so rowdy.I love my calm, observant little boy. It's so interesting/funny/cute to watch him take everything in. Here's to hoping he'll be able to socialize one day. To Amsterdam!
3 comments:
I liked this post.
So cute. He sounds like a sweet little personality.
Hi, how are you? Hope you are enjoying your new home. Sure looks like a pretty place.
He's so sweet! He can come watch at my house, I dont have any of those calm, observant boys, looks nice :)
Post a Comment