Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Random Thoughts and Dancing Time


A couple weekends ago, I was invited to attend a young professionals fundraising event for the American Cancer Society. The health system I work for received a couple tickets for sponsoring the event and I was the lucky one they chose to give them to. The event took place at a cool restaurant at Target Field (where the Twins play) which was "transformed" into a James Bond themed location. Ash was my Pussy Galore as we partook in the festivities, ate some good food, made some good friends, and drank far too many cherry cokes from the full open bar.

If you love people watching, which is top on our list of fun things to do, then you missed a great event. Plenty of guys trying to impress the scantily clad women (including Miss Minnesota). Plenty of girls in their mid to late 20's clinging to ugly rich guys with goofy hair styles trying to hide their receding hairlines. As the night went on, everyone got more intoxicated and everyone had more fun. All for the support of raising funds to fight cancer. It was a great night out and we loved getting away from Miles for a couple of hours. Proof we were there:


On another note, Ash is out right now doing some stuff with the younger girls that attend our church. She had separated a giant party-sized bag of M&M's into separate colors for some reason (couldn't tell you why...women go a little overboard with these little things). Well, she forgot them when she left so she had to come back and get them. I ran them out to her and when I got back inside I didn't see Miles downstairs. I then heard the toilet flush upstairs.
My thoughts,
Great! Miles pee'd by himself, no help! He's a pro.

What do I find?
Miles washing his hands while giving a proud smile of accomplishment.
What else do I find?
A big puddle, wet legs, and soaked socks. He forgot to stand on the stool. You see, his wiener is about an inch lower than the edge of the toilet bowl. Better luck next time stud.

This brings me to my last point. I'm never home. Never ever. I wish I was. I never see Miles and Ash. I miss them both all the time. I'm sure it's why I've been in such a rut over the last few months.
Ash does a heck of a job raising Miles while being stuck in our tiny apartment all day. I have the car so that leaves her only the option to go walk around outside with Miles...but we live in Minnesota. Walking outside is fun for about one minute and then your boogers are frozen.

Ash does an amazing job trying to keep sanity while teaching Miles a number of things and keeping him occupied without turning to the TV. I don't know how she does it. She's amazing and I love her. She's funny, happy, supportive, my best friend, and sexy. What more could I ask for?

Well, I had the great joy of being with Miles tonight and he started going wild. It was quite fun. He was throwing toys everywhere, running up and down the stairs, and dancing. Here's the tail end of the fun and a worn out Miles:



To sum it all up, I love my family. They are the best. I wish I could spend more time with them but that day will eventually come. Retirement is only another 40 years away.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Haha. Man. You guys are hilarious. Like probably my top 5 favorite blogs to read.

Tasha said...

Dave, you are awesome. And I love that you love your family.